Friday, 11 May 2012

Quince tree farmlet- Caralulup/Burnbank

This is an old farmlet in the middle of no where a neighbour told me about.  It took me about three weeks to find, but well worth it.  An incredibly secluded and beautiful spot.  However the roos have taken over and the ground is so compacted it would be difficult to make any finds.


The "two" quince trees which were my only clue.  It is now a bunch of seedlings.  It is a pity I did not take my camera with me last time as the tree/s were full of fruit.




All that is left lying on the surface are a few shards of broken glass and small piles of bricks which are deeply established in the compacted clay soil.  However, I did get lucky finding a little small brass buckle in the shape of a horseshoe, with and iron arm rusted to it.  Most probably part of a woman's clothing or perhaps a bag which goes on a saddle.  I don't know.



All that remains of this road and on the property are the fence posts and the beautifully crafted horse enclosure.  The moss and the weathering are gorgeous.


This is a series of shots taken on the outside entrance and bridge of the old road.  The Rinaldi's had a property on this road I found on a map from the 1890's of the area.  The bridge was rebuilt in 1974.  The tunnel of the bridge is encrusted in the clay nests of birds.  They were a stunning surprise.  No one was home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to have feedback, feel free to comment here.